Technical Conference Program 2023
Three days of paper presentations, plenary keynotes, panel sessions, and social networking events
We are currently undertaking the review process and expect high numbers of papers to be presented at the Technical Conference in Hong Kong this October; the provisional program will be published in mid September.
The Organizing Committee is currently finalizing the Plenary Keynotes. The speeches will cover some of the most relevant topics for turbomachinery and related fields. Please find below the latest confirmed attendees, additional information will be added shortly.
Plenary Keynotes and Panel Sessions
Keynote 1 and Forum of Future Energy
– Dr. Ming Li (Chinese Society of Astronautics) on space solar power plant
– NN (UK Atomic Energy Authority) on fusion power generation
Keynote 2: Carbon Capture
– Dr. Sumiu Uchida (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries), tbc.
Keynote 3 and Panel Session on Computing
– Prof. Kun Xu (HK Univ Sci & Tech) on compact, high-order algorithm
– Dr. Christopher Savoie (Zapata) on quantum computing
– Prof. Yew Soon Ong (Nanyang Tech Univ) on big data/AI, tbc.
Keynote 4: Future turbomachinery applications for the decarbonization of energy-intensive industries
– Dr. Liping Xu (Univ. of Cambridge)
Keynote 5: Sustainable aviation fuel
– Yasushi Hashimoto (IHI Corporation Japan/JAEC)
Keynote 6: Engine performance optimization
– Prof. AJ Wang (Shanghai Jiaotong Univ)
Note: Keynotes 1 and 3 will be open to the general public